These pictures of Crowmarsh Gifford were taken in mid December 2002.
Crowmarsh Gifford is to be found just east of Wallingford, Oxfordshire, separated by Wallingford Bridge.
The road that runs through Crowmarsh Gifford from Wallingford Bridge seen above, (called "The Street") is the old boundary
between the parishes of Crowmarsh Gifford and Newnham Murren. This is a view of part of the north side of The Street. Note
the house with the Penny Farthing bicycle attached to the front.
The Post Office in Crowmarsh Gifford is on the south side of The Street, meaning it would have originally been in Newnham Murren.
To the right of the Post Office on the south side of The Street at no. 56 is a house where a James Frewin is
recorded as living in circa 1840. Two doors away at no. 60 lived a Richard Frewin. (source: Tithe Maps).
No. 60 has been demolished and the land is being used as a builders merchants yard.
In the middle of the north side of The Street in Crowmarsh Gifford lies a house formerley occupied by Jethro Tull,
1674-1741, inventor of the seed drill.
A close up of Tull's house, complete with blue plaque commemorating his achievements.
Also on The Street in Crowmarsh Gifford is St Mary Magdalene Church.
This pretty flint stone building is used as a shop and located a few doors away from the Post Office on The Street.
More cottages on The Street in Crowmarsh Gifford